Call for expression of interest for State Aid Expert
Latest by: January 30, 2016
Ministry of Science, Education and Sports (Ministry) is launching this Call with the aim of collecting CVs of interested state aid experts who will periodically be contracted within Ministry’s project financed under the European Fund for Regional Development (ERDF) during project’s implementation.
Expert’s responsibilities include providing support to Intermediary Body 1 (IB1) during grant scheme preparation within Operational Programme Regional Competitiveness 2007.-2013. Furthermore, expert will implement state aid workshops for IB1 employees.
- Higher education degree in law or economics;
- Knowledge of relevant national and EU legislation in the field of state aid;
- Excellent knowledge of English or Croatian language as well as ability to communicate in a clear and efficient way in English or Croatian language;
- Computer literate.
General professional experience:
- At least 5 years of working experience in the field of state aid – proven application of relevant national and EU legislation in the field of state aid.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 3 years of working experience in development of state aid grant schemes within ESI funds;
- At least 3 years of working experience in development of state aid grant schemes within operational programmes and participation in procedures of informing the European Commission about state aid programmes;
- Working experience in analysis of national legislation in the field of state aid will be considered as advantage;
- Working experience with state bodies (ministries and other public bodies) in the field of state aid will be considered as advantage.
Duration of engagement
Estimated engagement duration period will be defined according to the Ministry’s needs and in period of: November 2014. – June 2016.
Ministry reserves the right to hire larger number of experts for different number of working days according to experts’ profiles and Ministry’s needs.
Fees will be calculated on basis of daily fees and will be paid according to contracts signed between Ministry and hired experts. By his/her signature, expert undertakes to fulfil all contractual obligations during the timeline as stated in the contract.
Conflict of interest
In order to avoid possible conflict of interest, experts who were and/or currently are engaged on preparation or implementation of Ministry’s projects as well as experts who are in business, private and/or emotional relationship with any of potential applicants/beneficiaries will not be hired under this Call. Before undertaking their assignments under this contract, Ministry will ask experts to declare possible conflict of interest.
Evaluation of CVs
All CVs will be evaluated according to terms and conditions as laid down in this Call. CVs will be evaluated by IB1 Ministry employees. Ministry reserves the right to ask for additional clarifications or have interviews with the candidates. Advantage will be given to experts with better specific professional experience in the relevant field.
Ministry reserves the right to contact each of the candidate’s former and present employers in order to verify job descriptions as presented in candidates’ CVs. With each job description, candidate must state contact details of person available for verification of data presented in CV.
Each candidate must submit their CV together with signed statement confirming that all data presented in their CVs are true.
Template for statement is attached to this Call.
Call duration and deadline for submission of CVs
This is a permanent Call within which the Ministry collects CVs of interested stated aid experts. This Call will be open during project’s implementation.
All interested experts should submit their CVs in English or Croatian not later than 30th January 2016. to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference "Call for expression of interest for State Aid Expert".