- Published : 01.06.2020.
European teachers and trainers: the Council adopts conclusions
The Council adopted by written procedure conclusions on European teachers and trainers for the future.The conclusions recognise that teachers and trainers are an indispensable driving force of education and training, and acknowledge their commitment during the current COVID-19 crisis.
The conclusions invite member states to undertake a number of measures related to developing the competences of teachers and trainers, promoting their participation in continuous professional development, promoting their mobility, involving them in future policy design and fostering their wellbeing.
The conclusions also invite the European Commission to continue supporting the development of education and training opportunities for prospective and practicing teachers and trainers, as well as their mobility.
- Council conclusions on European teachers and trainers for the future
- Council Recommendation on Key Competences for Lifelong Learning
- Council Recommendation on High-Quality Early Childhood Education and Care Systems
- Council Recommendation on a comprehensive approach to the teaching and learning of languages
- Visit the website
Source: Council of the EU
Maybe you are interested in...
- Video conference held on “Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards the ‘New Normal’” within the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Online meeting of the Bologna Follow-up Group held on 26 June 2020 as part of the Croatia’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Video conference Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards a ‘New Normal’ to be held on 29 June 2020
- Fourth videoconference of education ministers on implications of the pandemic on education and training
- Divjak: EU countries to invest more in digital transformation next year