- Published : 11.11.2019.
DG EAC Director-General Themis Christophidou meets State Secretaries of the Ministry of Science and Education
Zagreb, November 4 2019Director-General of the Directorate-General for Education and Culture of the European Commission, Ms Themis Christophidou, met State Secretaries Branka Ramljak and Tome Antičić, on Monday, November 4, 2019, at the Ministry of Science and Education. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the Programme of the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2020.
State Secretary Ramljak presented priorities in the area of education and events to be held in Croatia and Bruxelles during the six-month Croatian Presidency. The priorities in the field of education are: Teachers and Trainers for the Future, Mobility and Brain Circulation, new Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training and educational reforms as part of the European Semester.
State Secretary Antičić stated priorities and events in the area of science, research and space, especially emphasizing the jobs of the future and brain circulation as sectoral strategic highlights of the Presidency.
Director-General Themis Christophidou expressed her satisfaction with the reception and Croatian Presidency preparations, and commended the previous cooperation between the Ministry of Science and Education and the European Commission.
Maybe you are interested in...
- Video conference held on “Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards the ‘New Normal’” within the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Online meeting of the Bologna Follow-up Group held on 26 June 2020 as part of the Croatia’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Video conference Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards a ‘New Normal’ to be held on 29 June 2020
- Fourth videoconference of education ministers on implications of the pandemic on education and training
- Divjak: EU countries to invest more in digital transformation next year