- Published : 11.11.2019.
DG EAC Director-General Themis Christophidou meets State Secretaries of the Ministry of Science and Education
Zagreb, November 11 2019Director-General of the Directorate-General for Education and Culture of the European Commission, Ms Themis Christophidou, met State Secretaries Branka Ramljak and Tome Antičić, on Monday, November 4, 2019, at the Ministry of Science and Education. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the Programme of the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in 2020.
State Secretary Ramljak presented priorities in the area of education and events to be held in Croatia and Bruxelles during the six-month Croatian Presidency. The priorities in the field of education are: Teachers and Trainers for the Future, Mobility and Brain Circulation, new Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training and educational reforms as part of the European Semester.
State Secretary Antičić stated priorities and events in the area of science, research and space, especially emphasizing the jobs of the future and brain circulation as sectoral strategic highlights of the Presidency.
Director-General Themis Christophidou expressed her satisfaction with the reception and Croatian Presidency preparations, and commended the previous cooperation between the Ministry of Science and Education and the European Commission.
Maybe you are interested in...
- State Secretary Branka Ramljak participates in the conference “Europe that develops” in Varaždin
- Croatian Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- Meeting with the delegation of the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science on Education and Training
- Meeting with the delegation of the Federal Republic of Germany on the thematic priorities for the Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2020
- Teachers for the future – key messages and issues from the first and second round table held within preparations for the Presidency of the Republic of Croatia of the Council of the European Union