- Published : 28.05.2020.
29 May 2020 Videoconference of Ministers of Research (10:00h) and videoconference of Ministers responsible for space (14:30h)
On Friday, May 29, 2020, Minister of Science and Education Blaženka Divjak will chair two videoconferences.First, in the field of research, will present an opportunity to continue the debate on the role of research and innovation in responding to the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, research ministers will have the opportunity to exchange views on lessons learned in the management of this crisis from the R&I policy perspective but also to discuss the link between investing in science and fostering future job development and using the experience gained in transforming the European Research Area.
Taking into account the role of research and innovation in relation to the crisis, especially in the context of vaccines, diagnostics and treatments and the expected Recovery Plan by the European Commission as well as the efforts of Member States to combat the crisis, this videoconference will be an opportunity to jointly address further steps and the continuation of mutual dialogue.
Second, in the field of space, will focus on the evaluation of space programmes in relation to the measurement of the real societal impact. Despite the fact that the whole world is facing a crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the transition to a sustainable and climate-neutral economy remains a priority. Given that the space sector offers opportunities for economic growth and its activities affect society, nature and the economy, the ministers responsible for space will have the opportunity to exchange views on the above.
In addition, the videoconference will focus on the role of the space sector in the context of the COVID-19 crisis and ministers responsible for space will have the opportunity to exchange views on the use of EU space data and services by public authorities to foster green recovery after the COVID-19 crisis and discuss in what way space systems and infrastructure can help in moving faster toward a sustainable development path.
Maybe you are interested in...
- Video conference held on “Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards the ‘New Normal’” within the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Online meeting of the Bologna Follow-up Group held on 26 June 2020 as part of the Croatia’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Video conference Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards a ‘New Normal’ to be held on 29 June 2020
- Fourth videoconference of education ministers on implications of the pandemic on education and training
- Divjak: EU countries to invest more in digital transformation next year