- Published : 12.12.2019.
State Secretary Branka Ramljak participates in the conference “Europe that develops” in Varaždin
Varaždin, December 3 2019State Secretary Branka Ramljak, PhD, participated in the conference on the first pillar of Croatia's EU Presidency priorities "Europe that develops", held on 3 December 2019 in Hotel Turist in Varaždin.
At the first panel entitled "EU funds - competitive and innovative Europe", the following ministers also spoke about the priorities of Croatia's EU Presidency in their respective sectors: Mr Darko Horvat, Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts, Mrs Marija Vučković, Minister of Agriculture, Mr Velimir Žunac, State Secretary at the Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds, and Mr Stipe Župan, Assistant Minister for Finance
State Secretary Branka Ramljak took part in the second panel entitled "Balanced, sustainable and inclusive development of Europe", together with Mrs Vesna Bedeković, PhD, Minister of Demography, Family, Youth and Social Policy and Mrs Majda Burić, State Secretary of the Ministry of Labour and Pension System. The panel discussion included demographic issues, employment investments, empowerment of women and youth on the labour market, trends in education and training, as well as other challenges in the area of science and research.
State Secretary Branka Ramljak explained the reason why brain circulation had been chosen as a key priority in the area of education and science. Moreover, she stated that teachers and trainers for the future, whose primary duty is to prepare pupils and students for the jobs of the future and incoming social changes, face many different challenges in a rapidly changing society. She also highlighted the importance of the new Strategic Framework for European Cooperation in Education and Training (ET 2030), mobility and all other elements common to both the national and European level of the policy-making process. The mentioned topics will be discussed in detail at the meetings and conferences organized by the Ministry of Science and Education during Croatia's EU Presidency.
Maybe you are interested in...
- Video conference held on “Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards the ‘New Normal’” within the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Online meeting of the Bologna Follow-up Group held on 26 June 2020 as part of the Croatia’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Video conference Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards a ‘New Normal’ to be held on 29 June 2020
- Fourth videoconference of education ministers on implications of the pandemic on education and training
- Divjak: EU countries to invest more in digital transformation next year