- Published : 18.05.2020.
3rd informal video conference of education ministers on the implications of the coronavirus on education and training
On Monday, 18 May 2020, between 10.00 and 13.00, the 3rd informal video conference of education ministers is taking place on the implications of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on education and training, organised by the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.The video conference will be presided over by the minister of science and education Prof. Blaženka Divjak, PhD, from the National and University Library in Zagreb.
The video conference represents an opportunity to continue the ministerial discussion following the two video conferences that have been held so far, on 12 March and 14 April, respectively. At the conferences the ministers exchanged information and experiences related to the impact of the pandemic on the EU education systems, by implementing distance learning, assessment and grading, by organising exams and enrolment, as well as to the State Matura, financing possibilities and cross-border learning mobility.
Taking into account the relaxation of measures related to the prevention of the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, a large number of Member States have decided to gradually open educational institutions, at least when it comes to certain levels of education and age groups. To this end, one of the key challenges is the organisation of teaching in a way secure for pupils, students and staff of educational institutions. Ministers will therefore exchange information on the organisational and security measures taken and planned by the Member States.
Furthermore, given the approaching end of the school year and the timing of the final exams (e.g. national secondary school-leaving exam), ministers will also address these topics at the videoconference, as well as related topics e.g. enrolment in higher education and continuation of learning mobility.
Maybe you are interested in...
- After a long time the European Commission Report for Croatia without Country Specific Recommendations in the field of education
- European teachers and trainers: the Council adopts conclusions
- 29 May 2020 Videoconference of Ministers of Research (10:00h) and videoconference of Ministers responsible for space (14:30h)
- Main messages from the second informal videoconference of ministers of education on implications of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on education and training
- Coordinated research and innovation actions across the EU to reinforce the fight against COVID-19