Croatian Presidency of the Council of the European Union
The presidency of the Council of the European Union
The presidency of the Council of the European Union rotates among the EU member states every six months. During this 6-month period, the presidency chairs meetings at all levels in the Council, ensuring the continuity of the EU's work in the Council.
Member states holding the presidency work together in groups of three, called 'trios'. The trio sets long-term goals and prepares a common agenda determining the topics and major issues that will be addressed by the Council over an 18-month period. On the basis of this program, each of the three countries prepares its own, more detailed six-month program.
The current trio is made up of the presidencies of the Romania, Finland and Croatia.
Croatia will take over the presidency on January 1st 2020, ending on June 30th 2020.
Following the above-mentioned, the Ministry of Science and Education prepares thematic priorities and relevant events during the presidency in the area of science, research, space and education. Therefore, the Ministry plans to implement the Program of the Ministry of Science and Education for the Presidency of Croatia of the Council of the European Union 2020. For this purpose, the Coordination of the Ministry of Science and Education for the preparation of the Presidency has been established, with the Coordination Group for Strategic Issues and three PRES teams - the PRES Team for Science, Research and Space, the PRES Team for Education, and the PRES team for Event Management in the Republic of Croatia.
The official presentation of the Croatian Presidency's priorities in the area of education is available at the link.
Maybe you are interested in...
- State Secretary Branka Ramljak participates in the conference “Europe that develops” in Varaždin
- DG EAC Director-General Themis Christophidou meets State Secretaries of the Ministry of Science and Education
- Meeting with the delegation of the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science on Education and Training
- Meeting with the delegation of the Federal Republic of Germany on the thematic priorities for the Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2020
- Teachers for the future – key messages and issues from the first and second round table held within preparations for the Presidency of the Republic of Croatia of the Council of the European Union