- Published : 12.12.2019.
Meeting with the Norwegian delegation at the Ministry of Science and Education
Zagreb, December 12 2019A meeting with the Delegation of the Kingdom of Norway on the incoming Croatia's EU Presidency was held on Thursday, 12 December 2019, at the Ministry of Science and Education. State Secretary Branka Ramljak welcomed the Norwegian Delegation headed by Mr Petter Skarheim, and presented the Implementation Plan of the Ministry's activities for Croatia's EU Presidency. Ms Ana Tecilazić Goršić, Head of Sector, informed the Delegation about the priorities in the area of education in more detail. At the same time, Ms Ivana Pavlaković, Head of Sector, explained the priorities in the area of science, research and space. Norwegian representatives emphasized that they had faced similar challenges in Norway. Also, they strongly support international cooperation in this regard and internationalization of education.
The Norwegian Delegation was interested in EU programmes in the area of education, science and research, especially in Erasmus + and Horizon. Moreover, they had an interest in priorities for the period 2021-2027 concerning the European Research Area.
Furthermore, the participants exchanged experiences in the area of vocational education and training and centres of competence, as well as in the teachers' status, tracking persons with qualifications and brain circulation. In the light of the new European Commission and the new European Parliament trends in education and research were an special subject on the agenda.
The representatives of the Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Assurance in Higher Education (DIKU) and of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway in Croatia also participated in the meeting.
Maybe you are interested in...
- Video conference held on “Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards the ‘New Normal’” within the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Online meeting of the Bologna Follow-up Group held on 26 June 2020 as part of the Croatia’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Video conference Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards a ‘New Normal’ to be held on 29 June 2020
- Fourth videoconference of education ministers on implications of the pandemic on education and training
- Divjak: EU countries to invest more in digital transformation next year