- Published : 19.07.2019.
Meeting with the delegation of the Federal Republic of Germany on the thematic priorities for the Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2020
Zagreb, July 19 2019On Friday, July 19th 2019, a meeting was held in the Ministry of Science and Education with the Delegation of the Federal Republic of Germany and representatives of the HR PRES Teams for Education and Science of the Ministry of Science and Education. The meeting aimed to exchange information and coordinate the two consecutive presidencies of the Council of the European Union during 2020. The meeting was followed by the members of the Permanent Representation of the Republic of Croatia and the Federal Republic of Germany to the European Union.
At the meeting there were presented the priorities and developments in the field of science and education planned during the Croatian and German presidencies of the Council.
Mr. Wilfred Kraus, the representative of the German delegation, emphasized that the focus of the German Presidency would be to achieve excellence in the field of research, innovation and education, emphasizing the role of social context and collective approach. Human resources will also be a priority in the context of the gap between innovation, technology and human capacity.
Ms. Ivana Pavlaković, Head of Sector for Scientific System and Technological Development at the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia and Ms. Ana Tecilazić Goršić, Head of Sector for Higher Education Development, presented priorities and events in the field of science and education, emphasizing the role of research, development and innovation in human resources development for the future jobs, as well as the central topic the 'Teachers of the Future', the focus of the area of education that would be highlighted through all the meetings and the key conference.
The delegation members expressed their desire to further strengthen co-operation in the field of education, research and innovation, and announced further coordination and agreement on the two 2020 presidencies.
Maybe you are interested in...
- Video conference held on “Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards the ‘New Normal’” within the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Online meeting of the Bologna Follow-up Group held on 26 June 2020 as part of the Croatia’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Video conference Teachers and Trainers for the Future: Towards a ‘New Normal’ to be held on 29 June 2020
- Fourth videoconference of education ministers on implications of the pandemic on education and training
- Divjak: EU countries to invest more in digital transformation next year